Ticker : BELT
Chain : Binance Smart chain (BEP-20)
We are also implementing cross-chain BELT mining, a feat made possible by Orbit Chain and its cross-chain Masterchef. Essentially, a portion of the total BELT token emissions will be bridged over to the HECO chain used for liquidity mining on HECO Belt.
There are some key points to understand about hBELT, kBELT, and cross-chain BELT mining:
- BELT bridged over to HECO Chain is HBELT. KBELT is BELT bridged over to Klaytn.
- HBELT and KBELT aren’t separate BELT tokens, they are simply the same asset (BELT) on a different chain. HBELT and KBELT are emitted as BELT on BSC is locked via smart contract on BSC. This means that BELT tokenomics, including circulating supply inflation, remains the same.
- The overall BELT token metrics (circulating supply, inflation rate, etc.) remain the same but the BELT token gains a new field of play with HECO and Klaytn. This adds a new avenue of yield and related buyback & burns with higher TVL.
- Once governance is launched, BELT holders will control the Belt Finance protocol across different chains.
- HBELT liquidity mining will be distributed in the same structure to the BSC equivalent assets (BELT, BTC, ETH, and stablecoins) on HECO. You can view this as incentivizing deposits of more liquidity of that same asset (e.g. BTC) to the Belt Finance protocol, except on a different chain.
- With this same logic to mining distribution, BELT is essentially adding the value of HECO Chain to Belt Finance.
- Additional mining distributions to new chain expansions like Klaytn will be added to this document as necessary.
Through Orbit Bridge, BELT is also available on Klaytn and Polygon.
- 22,500 BELT was used for promotions related to the IFO (liquidity and syrup pool)
- 27,499 BELT will be used for marketing/promotional activities (not yet minted)
- 1 BELT was used to register for a BELT-BNB LP Pair on PancakeSwap
Mining started at Block #5559747, following the PancakeSwap IFO.
The emission rates have been changed and the new halving system announced in Q4 2021:
BELT emissions will be halved repeatedly over periods. This will essentially create a max cap to BELT supply of around 22,108,836 BELT, but the final number will be lower because of the continued burns for BELT.
With decreasing emissions, the effect of BELT buybacks will be greater and more people will be incentivized to stake (due to the buyback → rewards of the BELT single staking pool). Lowering emissions will decrease the proportion of BELT that is being sold by auto-compounding protocols, which has been one of the biggest contributors to the high sell-pressure on the BELT token. Lower sell pressure while maintaining and increasing the buyback amount will create a more positive price flow.
When the max cap is reached (End of Emissions), the profits of the Belt Finance platform will directly be given to users in the form of staking rewards. Buybacks and burns/staking rewards will be increasingly more impactful as they directly influence deflation. BELT holders will get increasingly more value from the Belt Finance platform itself. The first emissions halving took place on January 19, 2022, at BSC block 14,500,000, and the last halving will occur on approximately January 17, 2026.
We released the long-awaited governance system in 2021 Q4. As the shape of the protocol is now stabilizing with beltToken vaults, improved on-chain stableswap, and cross-chain swap, it is now time for our supporters to decide the finer details and direction of the protocol themselves.
These proposals will include:
- Adding new strategy protocols
- Adding new AMMs to the cross-chain swap
- Operating Periods (pausing strategies, deactivating pools/vaults)
- Vault buyback → burn ratio
- Vault buyback → staking reward ratio
- Contract Impl Updates
- Changing mining rates
Belt Governance will be a decentralized system based on proposals and voting. This voting will also lead to increased BELT burning and rewards for participants.
Inflation will be distributed to our pools and LP stakers. BELT will be distributed to all types of pools, independent of whether they are token-based or LP-based. BELT has the role of giving incentives to BSC economies and subsequently acting as a booster for the BSC economy as a whole.
BELT is also a governance token so holders may change this distribution ratio through governance consensus.
There is currently 1.178 BELT mined per block. 0.178 BELT/block goes to the build allocation. The build allocation will be used to ensure sustainable development and rapid innovation. This equates to about 15% of mined BELT.
Here are the details behind what’s behind the 15% Build allocation:
No individuals in the company will be directly receiving any of the build allocations. It will be managed by the company as a whole.
The main objective of this build allocation is to stabilize operations and governance.
70% of the build allocation
- It Will be used purely for governance once the full governance system comes out for stability
- It Will be locked up until then
30% will be used to cover costs when needed (we’re not planning to sell immediately)
- 5% will be used for marketing
- 20% for R&D development
- 5% will be used for operations
For reference, the build allocation for KLAYswap (our Klaytn AMM DEX with over $360M in TVL) is also 15%).
There’s also no build allocation for the Initial Public Allocation.
Belt.fi combines yield optimizing with an AMM protocol. Deflationary mechanisms occur in both processes.
- 50% of swap fees from each swap transaction is used buyback BELT and burned (sent to the deleted address). The remaining 50% is given as a reward to liquidity providers.
- 8% of yield is used to buyback BELT and burn (sent to the deleted address). The remainder of the yield is given as a reward to liquidity providers.
- 4% of yield (on BSC) is used to buyback BELT and is given as a reward to the BELT single staking vault. Read More.
The real-time deflation can be seen transparently on the Belt.fi website.
As stated above, governance consensus may change the burning rate, block emission rate (inflation), and other factors important to deflation.
For stablecoin swaps through Belt Finance, there is a 0.1% Swap Transaction Fee.